Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Job loss and CTV

Well I am now officially unemployed. I was never really happy there so I take it as a blessing in disguise. Im not sure where I will head next. The corporate office world is not for me.

Of course I want to succeed in chasing more than anything, but we all know how hard that is. Still, I am a believer that if you want something bad enough, you will get it. Others have done it and so can I. They're no different than me. If the passion and drive is there, results will come.

Also, I have been thinking of switching streaming services to CTV. Back during that whole streaming war I was contacted by TVN and invited to join, since they reached out to me I accepted.

The biggest problem is I was never a man with allot of money and thus I am a very low tech operation. The TVN stream setup does not work well with my older laptop, it requires me to have about 3 different applications running and it just does not work. The CTV setup is a simple, one application streaming setup [or so Ive been led to believe.] That is the main driving force behind my decision.

This has NOTHING to do with personal relationships with anyone. I don't play those games. I don't care who is with what service and I never suck up to anyone. I choose what works best for ME. So far TVNs service has not worked for me and its time to seek other options. Ive fiddled, faddled and fuddled with it for countless hours. I was able to get it working back in April FINALLY, only I didn't have a camera mount and the duct tape bungee cord solution only worked so well.

I get the camera mount, fire up the stream on the next chase and BAM all the applications crash and It will not work and to this day it still wont. Ugh.

I haven't made a final decision though...its just something Ive been thinking about. I need to succeed at this and in order to do that I need to be up with the times, and use the means that Im able to get for myself. If I had the money Id have all the latest and greatest gear capable of...whatever it can do...but I dont...so I have to make do with what I have.

No comments: