Happy New Year! Or as the text message I sent out at 12:01am said "Hapey new beer from Chicago."
I'm not a believer in resolutions. Anyone who uses a calendar to justify trying to better themselves is an idiot in my opinion. I try to constantly better myself as a person everyday by always trying to be the best person I can be to those around me as well as working towards my next goal.
So when I say good riddance to 2009 I really mean good riddance to 2009s weather pattern. What a load of crap that was. I had a really good chase year though, I can't complain too much really. In fact, the main reason I hated 2009s weather pattern was the lack of local storms which are required to maintain my sanity. When your city sets a record for the all time coldest July it also means local storms are lacking.
Anyways, there will be some changes for this year and the upcoming chase season. Here are the main ones:
- I am upgrading to HD [more details on the camera coming soon.]
- I will have a cellular antenna for better data signals.
- I've got a laptop stand.
- I will [hopefully] have my custom designed hail guards completed.
- I've got new GPS tracking software that works flawlessly so there will be no more issues there.
- I switched streaming services to CTV, which also works flawlessly.
- The laptops ram has been upgraded from 512mb to 2gb in order to better handle everything.
- I will be making a Twitter account for my website [not for me personally because I hate twitter.]
- I am part of Convective Addiction.com [coming soon!]
You get the idea, the things listed above have already been completed or are in the process of being completed. I'm sure as the year progresses there will be more. I am always changing the way I do things.
My new free schedule will allow me to chase any setup I want. I am going to hit it hard this year, chasing more aggressively than ever before. This is the year I will see just how big of an impact I can make. My biggest setback was work. Finances will be tight, but I will make it work. Those who have known me know how much Ive always wanted this opportunity. As long as I still have some income coming in, Ive got to seize the opportunity and do it now.
Even if the weather pattern is a repeat of 2009, there will still be great storms and tornadoes to catch. I missed allot of the biggest events of 2009 because I gambled on crappier setups and couldn't get the time off work for the days that ended up being big.
All that being said, I hope everyone had a great new years at their festivities. Time to kick into high gear, March is now less than 3 months away!
I haven't updated the site since xmas eve. I posted some ice storm photos from Chicago, the event was one of the better ones I can recall around here. Ice storms aren't all that common and we managed to pick up about .3" accumulation. Regular site updates will resume in the coming days.
Cheers to a successful 2010!