Friday, June 3, 2011

I Wont Kiss Ass

Seriously, there was a time way back when, as I first started immersing myself into this wonderful community in whatever year it was...06 or so...that I was quite intimidated. The last thing I wanted to do was say something stupid to have someone think badly of me. For some reason I wanted the opinions of other chasers, especially those I once looked up to, to be good of me. If I made a post on StormTrack and someone called me out on it or had something bad to say I would quickly apologize.

And now....screw it. I don't give a shit if you've been chasing 20 years or 20 minutes. You're all on the same level and noones opinions matter anymore. Granted I am not out to piss anyone off, nor do I go out of my way to make enemies, I would rather be liked than hated but one thing I will not do is suck up, kiss ass, or brown nose. Being a self proclaimed veteran simply means you were born earlier than me. If I was born in 1962 as opposed to 1982 I would have started chasing in the late 70s and 80s as well. You can blame my parents for not having sex earlier.

Whether or not I "earned" this right to not want to bow down I also don't care. While I still appreciate any advice given and respect those who've pioneered before me, I've reached a point where I don't care if they think badly of me either...and thats alllll im saayyyiiin.

This is probably why Ill never make it anywhere in life. To get anywhere these days you have to brown nose and suck off the person above you, and that is something I simply never have, nor will ever bring myself to do. Respect from me is earned through honesty and integrity as a human being, not for lame ass statistics.

/rant.

No comments: