Sunday, March 8, 2009

Chase log and record rains.

The first chase log for 2009 can be seen on my website.

In short, storm motions were a bitch today. It was basically a game of pick your embedded sup within a screaming line and hope for the best. Came home with a couple pics though. No complaints though, I had low expectations for the day and wanted to test out the new laptop. The laptop itself works great but I have the same annoying issues with gpsgate and data that Ive always had. So I can rule out laptop malfunction and try and figure it out.

More rainfall records were set this weekend. The March 7-8th thunderstorms put down 3.29" of rain beating out the old March record of 2.52" set back in 1985 on March 3-4. So impressive totals are being reported thats for sure. New single day records have been set too for both the 7th and 8th with 1.27" and 2.02" respectively. Old records were .90 from 1930 and .99 from 1990

Currently watching things for the next potential chase on Tuesday. Again not the prefect setup, but GFS has been consistent for awhile now in showing this feature. It may warrent a half day chase. Afterall, I havent used time off from work since November 5th so I could use a bit of a break, plus winter will return for the next week after a cold front plows through. I might as well go for it. So stay tuned for that.

I can now say the 2009 season has begun!

1 comment:

Dann Cianca said...

Glad you got out, buddy!